Name:

just a human

Wednesday, May 13, 2009


DAY
.
twelve

yOx..
Today is the last blog post of the whole module. Today we did nothing much, basically the time is used to improve and clean up any mistakes for our portfolio part before we hand in the day after.

What I learnt in this EIR module?
In fact, I learnt quite a lot on researching and different kinds of websites. There are two lessons that I think is the most important lessons throughout the whole module. Firstly, is learning of the search facilities. There are different beta engines that exist, however I did not use before until I attended this module. There are so much functions within a particular search engines that can help me out in my future research. I get to explore and understands more about their functions. Amazingly, doing research does not only apply a word or two in the search engine but there is another technique like the search query that we can use. It narrows the search down to what we want. Google Scholar was rather effective for us students, since we are suppose to find reliable source. From here, I can get accurate information which I would not need to spend too much time searching for the most appropriate one.

Second lesson will be the evaluating of the website. Indeed, there are multiple factors to consider while getting information from the website. Most importantly is that the website is reliable. Surely, no one would want to get a false information. With this factors, I applied it into doing the class WIKI. Every website I go to, the first thing to do is to check out the coverage and reliability. Through this lesson, I am more careful and aware to website that I had visited.

Overall, the whole EIR journey was very interesting. I get to learn a lot about researching and I even found one website, About.com, that most information I can get from. Furthermore, the website is part of the New York Times Company. I am glad that I came across this websites that will be useful for my future search. I even get to try out a "WIKI" where everyone cooperates and gather information from anywhere through the internet and compile together. It was a pretty good experience. Through this module, I get to learn about blogging. It was my first time owning a blog, I remembered I can spend hours to wonder how to apply a blogskin and upload a post and also upload images. Maybe blog is not my type afterall haha.. Through EIR, I learnt a lot about internet.

Farewell..

Puttputt, final signing off..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home